HelEinir

HelEinir's Books

"Fools have a habit of believing that everything written by a famous authors is admirable. For my part I read only to please myself and like only what suits my taste." -Voltaire, Candide

ホリミヤ 7
Ruta Sepetys
Salt to the Sea
Ruta Sepetys

Untitled

Untitled - Susan Elizabeth Phillips I was really expecting more out of this but it seems SEP is stuck on the one single formula she's used on every single book of hers that I've read. I mean seriously, the last chapters are always the same with character A doing the same thing, running away, avoiding character B for some stupid reason, and character B having to go after A and convince A that they're perfect for each other. I mean, come on. There are so many other different things you can do with your characters at the end of a book, and I'm starting to feel like I'm reading the same story over and over again.

Also, the cheese factor at the end of the book with that epilogue made me gag. I felt I was reading fanfiction with all the fluffy tropes thrown in there.

Three stars though, because she never fails to make me laugh, and even though the characters are starting to feel like clones I still enjoy reading about them.